Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How It All Started

Chris and I discovered we were expecting on January 13, 2012. Our bundle of joy was due September 18, 2012. We were beyond excited but pretty quickly realized that our life was about to change drastically, and those changes would start with our living arrangements. We were currently living in our swanky downtown condo which had been home sweet home for the past five years. We loved downtown living; however, our condo was not very conducive to raising a child. Therefore, we quickly started looking at other options, and in April we moved into our new house in Rockford. We have loved every minute of suburban living and have never looked back, (except maybe when we are having the discussion of who is going to drive home after a night out downtown...Chris generally loses that battle due to my 9 months of sobriety).
The first trimester crawled by due to many factors: 1) we could not wait to tell our friends and family about our bun in the oven; 2) I was sick each and every afternoon for weeks and the only thing I wanted to eat was macaroni and cheese everyday; 3) I was incredibly bone-numbing tired all day long, and it was my busy season at work so sleep was scarce. The highlight of the first trimester was hearing our little peanut's heartbeat. I think that is when it really sunk in for both of us!
During the second trimester, I felt like a million bucks, with the exception of the weight I was rapidly gaining. We had our first ultrasound and found out our little peanut was going to be a HE. Chris thought it was a girl all along, and we had only discussed girl names so far, so we had to go back to the drawing board.

With the third trimester, the exhaustion came back with gusto. Otherwise I felt pretty good for being roughly the size of an SUV. I had four amazing baby showers, and we were blessed to get wonderful gifts and we were ready for our guy's arrival. We kept his name a secret from everyone, much to our parents dismay. They tried to trick us many times into disclosing the name, but we stood firm. At my 39 week appointment, my doctor ordered an ultrasound because she thought our little guy might not be so little. At 7:45 the next morning we went in for an ultrasound and found out that "Boy" (as we had been referring to him) was going to arrive at 5:30 that evening via C-section. And at 6:15 on September 14, 2012, our life changed forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment