Friday, December 21, 2012

Month 1

The first month was quite the adjustment for us. We thought we were prepared for parenthood, but we were not prepared for the utter exhaustion that new parents face. Our little guy was a pretty good baby; however, my ideas that he would sleep through the night from day 1 were quickly squashed! Chris and I have always been big sleepers. We were typically in bed by 10-11 and really enjoyed our full night of rest. Little Andrew rocked our world.
For the first week, I was recovering from the surgery and had a difficult time getting around; therefore, I was utterly useless. My husband was amazing in stepping up and doing the dirty work (literally). We were also very lucky our moms were around a lot to help us out. We could not have done it without them.
Andrew had his first photo shoot when he was about two weeks old. Erin Alies Photography did an amazing job. Andrew was not the most cooperative as he did not want to fall asleep and miss any of the fun, but she got some great pictures while he was awake and when he finally did fall asleep, Erin was able to pose him and get some additional great shots.

We also had a visit from Aunt Rita, Aunt Lizzie, and cousins Edie & Liza. We had a great time with them and also had a few "firsts" for Andrew. He went on his first shopping trip as well as his first lunch out. He did great and slept most of the day! Aunt Lizzie is a lifesaver as I think I called her everyday the entire month (when she wasn't in town) asking her questions..."is this normal?", "what should I do when this happens...", etc. Here is a picture of Andrew and cousin Edie

Most of our first month comprised of getting peed on, pooped on, and spit-up on!! All joking aside, we had a good first month and we were enjoying being first-time parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment