Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tis the Season - part I

Prepare yourself, this may be the longest blog post EVER! So long that it requires two parts.

Our Christmas celebration started out in mid December with a Santa photo-op at the Thousand Oaks Christmas with Santa breakfast. We did not attend the breakfast but we crashed the party to get our picture taken with Santa. Andrew was relatively unfazed by the large man in the red suit and sat patiently to have his picture taken.

After pictures with Santa, we came home and had our first attempt at a Christmas photo shoot with our new camera. We tried to create the typical "baby with Christmas lights" picture, and I think it turned out pretty cute (maybe I am a bit biased)!



Chris and I had our share of Christmas parties during the week of December 17. Chris had four solid nights of "social events" as he referred to them. The BDO Christmas party kicked off our week on Tuesday night. Andrew spent the evening with RiRi and Pappy so that we could attend the shindig. I had a great time catching up with my co-workers whom I haven't seen in a few months. Wednesday night was the TOGC member party. Chris attended that solo, but I heard a good time was had by all. Thursday night was the TOGC golf shop staff party. Grandma and Grandpa Johnson watched Andrew so that Chris and I could enjoy a night out downtown. We got a room at the JW Marriott and had a wonderful evening! Friday night was the TOGC manager party, and again Chris attended solo but had a great time. Whew that was a busy week!

The first family Christmas celebration was on Sunday the 23rd. We went to Aunt Colleen's and Andrew got to meet his cousin Charlie who lives in Atlanta. Charlie is adorable, and he is about 7 months older than Andrew. We can't wait until next year when they are both running around causing a big ruckus.
The below picture is Andrew enjoying some floor time and "kicking it out" before we started our big road trip, which you can read about in Tis the Season - part II =)


No comments:

Post a Comment