The 4th month was a very exciting month for us with Andrew starting daycare and me going back to work. I am enjoying being back on the job and interacting with walking, talking adults during the day, but I miss my little man and I can't wait to get home and see him at the end of the day (and see Chris too, of course). I have started traveling again since this is my busy season, but I think I will be able to keep it at just one or two nights a week, and I should be done by the second week of February. Chris has been great since I have started traveling, and we are lucky to have the grandma's close by to help!!
At Andrew's 4 month appointment last week, his pediatrician gave us the ok to start giving him cereal once a day. The first time we tried it, he didn't quite know what to think. Ultimately, he decided he was not a fan of the oatmeal cereal. Although, I can't say that I blame him because I tried it and it tasted like cardboard. His pediatrician recommended that we do the cereal for a couple of weeks then we can try some vegetables. Hopefully those taste a little better than the oatmeal cereal!!
The past four months have flown by, and most days I still can't believe that Chris and I are parents. However, we are absolutely loving every minute of it, and each day he surprises us with a new activity. His favorite toy right now is a fabric book. I think he enjoys chewing on it more than looking at the pages, but either way, his favorite toy is a book so we are hopeful that he will be intellectual =) He also loves his new exersaucer. His dad did not love the exersaucer when he had to put the thing together, but I kept reminding him how much Andrew would enjoy it, so he persevered and put the damn thing together. Fortunately, Andrew loves it, so my promise paid off!!
My report today (from Chris) was that Andrew started rolling from his back to his tummy and then he would roll back over onto his back. I have yet to see him roll from back to tummy so I am excited to see this actually occur. He has been rolling tummy to back for a few weeks, but he still isn't doing it consistently! Unfortunately, this means that we need to stop swaddling his arms when he sleeps (so that he doesn't smother himself if he rolls onto his tummy). I have been dreading doing this because when his arms are not swaddled he flails around and whacks himself in the head. Chris is really hoping that I will do this over the next week as he is heading out of town tomorrow and will be spending the next 5 days in Orlando at the PGA show for "work" =) I think they play a lot of golf and go to the golf show for 1/2 day in order to call it a "work" trip!! Anyhow he and his buddy, Justin, have been going on this trip for a number of years, and he really looks forward to it every year so I am glad that he gets a chance to have a nice vacation before his busy season starts in a few months. BUT I think he is hoping that I will get Andrew transitioned into sleeping without being swaddled while he is out of town so that he can miss the sleepless nights while Andrew continuously whacks himself in the head!!
Hopefully my next post is that Andrew transitioned from the swaddle beautifully and we didn't have any sleepless night. Ha, fat chance, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment