Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to Work and WTH Happened to Sleeping Through the Night

Last Wednesday was my first day back at work. Andrew went to my mom's for the day which made the transition much easier for me as I did not have daycare and the first day at work all at the same time. The first few days weren't too bad. I missed my little guy, but I am excited to be back in a grown up environment! Andrew will start off by going to daycare only on Thursdays and Fridays, so I think that will be a good transition for him as well. I will post again later in the week and let everyone know how he did on his first day at daycare :)

Andrew welcomed 2013 with nightwaking. We had been spoiled as he had been sleeping 10-12 hours straight, and suddenly he is now waking 2 times a night. Typically giving him his pacifier and comforting him for a few minutes (not ever removing him from his crib) will do the trick. However, there have been a few nights where it takes more work on our end. Often it seems that he is fussing, crying, and thrashing about but never truly wakes up. If anyone has any experience with this or thoughts to share, I am all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment