Thursday, January 10, 2013

Who Are Those Other Little People?

So today was Andrew's first day of daycare. This adventure proved to be much harder on Mom and Dad than it did on Andrew. Walking into the daycare room was a bit overwhelming. Chris and I went for our tour during the week of 4th of July, which in hind-sight was a stupid idea because there were only 3 babies in the infant room versus the 8 they had in there this morning when we arrived. Upon our arrival (45 minutes later than planned - it is much harder to get out of the house with child than I thought it would be) one child was having his diaper changed and was screaming like someone was cutting off his leg. I think this whole fiasco started us off on the wrong foot as Andrew heard all of the commotion which is much different than the quiet from his own house, and he started to fuss and cry. Once I saw tears in my little guy's eyes, I was a mess. I held it together until I got to the car, but I was an emotional wreck. We did not leave until he had stopped crying and was content, but that didn't seem to make it any better. Below is a picture pre-daycare. Chris was much happier in this picture than he was when we were walking out to the car after drop-off.


I got to work around 9:45 and made it until 2:20 before I left to go get my guy. I only called once, but I think I checked the webcam every 15 minutes. Andrew's Applegram report card for the day said he was "Happy" and "Quiet", ate 2 oz (normally eats 6-8) and only slept for 15 minutes. Needless to say when we got home, he was starving and very tired! I figured eating at daycare would be a problem because at home we call him "The Sprinkler" because he moves his head around like a sprinkler when you are trying to feed him, he is always trying to see who else is in the room, where the cat is, or what is on TV! Therefore, daycare was an abundance of distractions and he just could not focus on his bottle. This was also the issue with sleeping! He did not want to miss any activities while he was asleep. Anyhow, I got him home and he guzzled 7 oz. and promptly fell asleep. I think this will be a very long nap and we will see what tonight brings. On another note (after my last post/rant), he is back to sleeping through the night. Thank goodness!!
The below picture is when we got home from daycare. He was asleep in his carseat before we ever got out of the parking lot. Overall it was a very emotional day, but we know that in the long run, daycare will be very good for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment