In the past week or so, it seems all of the above activities have increased for Andrew. He is suddenly eating a lot more. He went from 5-6 oz 4 times a day to almost 8 oz 4 times a day. He is also starting to embrace the oatmeal (even though it still tastes like cardboard)! I think there is a direct correlation to the increase in eating and the increase in pooping =) In the previous weeks, Andrew was fairly regular, pooped once a day and very rarely had a blow-out. For the past week, he goes at least twice a day and often requires a change of clothes afterwards. I will not provide details on the consistency or smell as it will make your stomach turn!! Let's just say I may never eat guacamole again!
Our entire family has been plagued by the stomach flu over the past few weeks. The only sole survivors of the Johnsons (us), the Meguiars, and the other Johnsons (grandparents) are Andrew and Pappy. I must have brought it into the family three weeks ago, and I was convinced I just had food poisoning until everyone else starting getting sick. Unfortunately Chris was in Florida for the golf show when he got sick. He was pretty miserable, and it made for an awful trip to Florida. He was able to finally play golf on the last day. I did feel pretty bad that I was giving him such a hard time about his Florida vacation (when it was a whopping 6* in Michigan) and then he got sick and couldn't even enjoy his vacation! So far Andrew and Pappy have not gotten sick, and hopefully it stays that way.
As I mentioned in my previous post, Andrew started rolling back to tummy. It is now nearly impossible to keep him on his back! If we put him in the floor and run into the other room for a minute, he is often not in the same spot or position as when we left him (I fear that I am going to miss those days!). As soon as he started rolling over in the middle of the night, it was apparent that we needed to stop swaddling his arms during the night. I was afraid that this was going to be a big ordeal and result in numerous nights without sleep, and fortunately I was wrong (yes, it happens every once in a great while). The first couple of nights were a little rough; however, now that he turns onto his belly, he can not flail his arms so the swaddle is a bit of a moot point. He sleeps a lot better now that he is on his tummy (just like his mom and dad!), so after I got through the first few nights with the fear that he was going to somehow suffocate himself in the mattress, Chris and I have embraced this new sleep style and appreciate being able to sleep even better than we did before (and we were pretty stinking lucky before).
Andrew has also started playing and talking much more than he used to. His coordination has improved immensely and now he loves holding onto his toys and balls. His favorite toy right now is a little football that has a lot of holes in it. He can get his fingers in the holes so that he can hold onto the football and wave it around. He still drops it quite a bit and then Chris and I will say "fumble" which he thinks is quite funny even though he has no idea what we are talking about! He is also starting to grab for objects like glasses, hair, necklaces, earrings, etc (while they are on your body). This has resulted in my glasses crashing to the floor a few times and nearly having a chunk of my hair ripped out. The little guy has quite the grip.
I have been traveling a bit over the past few weeks, and next week should be my last week of travel for a while. I miss my boys like crazy when I am gone, but I have been fortunate to only be out of town one or two nights a week, so we are handling it pretty well. Chris has been doing an amazing job being a "single dad" on the nights that I am out of town, and Andrew always seems happy, clean, well-fed, and not still wearing his pajamas when I return so all-in-all the travel has not been so bad for us. Though I think Chris is ready for me to be home again (I think Andrew is still too young to care, he is only concerned that someone is feeding him, bathing him, etc...he isn't too particular about who that someone is)
All-in-all, we are doing great and can't believe this little guy will be 20 weeks old tomorrow. Woah!

No comments:
Post a Comment